Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Barcelona, Spain

A few months ago Stefan mentioned to me that he was going to Barcelona in Feburary and he wanted me to share with him some cool places to see. The last (and only time) I was in Spain I was traveling abroad for school and it has been a good 5 years since so it took me awhile to dig up these photos and remember what I saw. As part of my studies in Architecture school I traveled with my classmates for 3 months around Europe with nothing but a tour bus and a backpack... oh this is bringing back memories... Ok back to Barcelona... . Below are some places I saw and all photos were taken by me, these are NOT digital photos, all photos were taken with good old 35mm film.

This is one of the most famous buildings we studied in Architecture School, the Barcelona Pavilion by Mies Van der Rohe built in 1928. It's very odd becuase you always imagine it to stand alone uninterupted but when you go there it's in the middle of this really urban environment.






Casa Mila by Guadi



This is an apartment building built by Gaudi, there are no corners in the entire place, everything is curved, it's quite impressive.


Park Guell by Gaudi







Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Familia by Antoni Gaudi



I vividly remember climbing these stairs to see the spectacular view of the city.


There are a total of 12 bell towers which represent the apostles. Inside each bell tower are spiral stairs leading to almost the top.





1 comment:

ArchitectDesign™ said...

wow, great photos! They look like postcards! All those things are on my list -can't wait to see them!! Thanks for doing this :-)